Baked Parmesan Yellow Squash Rounds
- 2 medium sized summer squash
- garlic salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat an oven rack in the center position in the oven. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil lightly misted with nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper. I used olive oil instead and didn't use any foil or parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the squash, and then cut each one into 1/4 inch thick slices. Arrange the squash rounds on the prepared pan, with little to no space between them. Lightly sprinkle the squash with garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper. Use a small spoon to spread a thin layer of Parmesan cheese on each slice of squash.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the Parmesan melts and turns a light golden brown. You can also broil for a minute or two at the end of cooking time to speed up browning. Serve immediately.