Kale and Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 10 leaves of kale, cut -bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup currants (or raisins)
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, in small pieces
- Toast quinoa in a non-stick pan until you can smell the nutty flavour
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in quinoa and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it rest covered for 5 minutes, Remove the cover and let cool.
- Remove stems from kale leaves, massage all leafy parts between you thumbs and fingers (or place between parchment paper and use a rolling pin). Put torn, massaged leaves in a large bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon, garlic, pepper, and salt together then drizzle over kale.
- Add the cooled quinoa, pecans, currants and feta to the kale then toss.
The salad will improve with flavor after a day in the fridge.